Sunday 21 October 2012

Nostalgia's for wimps ...

Apologies dear Raven chums for not keeping you posted on my transition from the living nightmare that remained Job1 to the bosom of Job2.  There are no real excuses save a massive attack of nostalgia for the smells and sounds of the Retail Cathedral in all it's pre-festive glory,  and so I dropped by yesterday to wave and gloat, as anyone would on a free Saturday.

Did the management look happy?  No.  Or any of my Raven chums - were they filled with glee?  No.  And the customers?  Well the place was rammed as usual but I didn't stick around, it was too stressful after a very long week.  Superficially - and this may sound like I'm deranged - but set against the terror of discovering my new job is a crock of poo;  Job1 seems quite a doddle when viewed with 20/20 hindsight.  But this is only a temporary abhorration caused by exhaustion and being a bit weepy because I now can't afford to have my roots done before Christmas. But at least I can fly and with a strong wind under my wings, looking like a badger in a posh frock won't be so bad. 

So, I'm perched on a spire overlooking the new world I inhabit and will be filling you in on the dramas unfolding beneath.  Is it me or has it been a bumpy ride to Halloween for everyone this year ???

Tip of the Blog:  I thought I had spots in front of my eyes but my PC screen seems to have an infestation.  I'll be back once I've dealt with it.


Raven

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear John Lewis, Leicester

No apologies but I can't hold back any longer ... I'm missing you John Lewis.  There I said it! Since you closed the shutters over t...